Planning a group visit to Great Lakes Science Center? Groups of 10 - 25 guests can be accommodated at this time and receive substantial discounts off box office ticket prices. Health and safety procedures are followed to make your visit as safe as possible, including masks for guests and staff, temperature check and social distancing made possible with large, open exhibit spaces. Choose from admission to the following: general admission to the Science Center (includes the NASA Glenn Visitor Center and Body Worlds Rx) only, or a combined admission with the Cleveland Clinic DOME Theater, all at discounted rates.
Current Group Visit Policies
- Groups of 10 - 25 guests (adults and children) can be accommodated.
- A 1:5 chaperone to child ratio is required for groups with children under the age of 18. Chaperones within the 1:5 ratio receive free general admission.
- All guests are required to wear masks while not eating or drinking and undergo a temperature scan upon arrival. Please note that food and beverages are not allowed in the exhibit areas. More information on our health and safety procedures can be found here.
- Groups are asked to divide into smaller groups of no more than 6 guests upon arrival (up to 5 children and 1 adult or 6 adults) and visit different areas of the Science Center at different times. Science Center staff can help with itineraries.
- Space to eat lunch in our group lunch area is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Lunch times are not assigned. Storage bins are available at check-in. Groups are responsible for moving their bins to the lunch area and returning their bin. Cleaning supplies will be provided and guests are asked to wipe down their tables and chairs before and after use.
- A DOME Theater film can be added on for an additional fee. Groups may sit together in the theater but are asked to remain socially distant from other guests. Science Center staff can help with seating.
Book Your Group Today
For more information on group packages or to make a reservation, call 216-621-2400 or email email@example.com.
Discounted admission is available to groups of 10 or more. Coupons, passes or membership discounts do not apply to the group rate. We require reservations and full payment at least two weeks in advance of your visit. We offer free admission to tour operators and bus drivers. One chaperone is required for every five youths.
Pick 2 Package
$16 per adult, $14 per youth (2-17)
Chaperones: $9 per chaperone
Includes General Admission and a Cleveland Clinic DOME Theater film.
General Admission Only
$12 per adult, $10 per youth (2-17)
Chaperones: One free chaperone for every five youths
Includes general admission to Great Lakes Science Center exhibits and NASA Glenn Visitor Center. Also includes admission to current traveling exhibition (when available).
Groups consisting of adults 65 years of age and older are eligible to receive $1 off adult group admission prices for general admission and combo tickets.
Important Information for Groups
Great Lakes Science Center requires one adult chaperone for every five youth. Chaperones within the one-to-five ratio receive reduced rates off the normal adult group rates. Any additional adults are subject to regular group pricing. Chaperones are responsible for the behavior and safety of their youth. We reserve the right to eject groups or group members who are disruptive to other guests or do not follow Great Lakes Science Center safety regulations or rules.
We offer a number of attractive and affordable discount packages for groups of 10 or more. Get details.
Reservations are required in order to receive discounted group pricing. Call 216-621-2400 (Monday - Friday) to book your group visit.
Payment Policy and Confirmation
A confirmation will be sent immediately following the completion of your reservation. Please review your confirmation carefully to be sure that you have everything you need to make your visit an enjoyable experience. Please sign and return your confirmation and payment information at least 14 days prior to your visit. Full payment and final group numbers must be received at least 14 business days in advance of your trip. Great Lakes Science Center accepts purchase orders, checks, major credit cards and cash. Changes made to your reservation less than 14 days of your visit cannot be guaranteed.
Cancellations must be made at least 14 days in advance of your trip. If you must cancel, send a written cancellation within 14 days in advance of your visit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax at 216-696-2142 or by mail to Great Lakes Science Center, 601 Erieside Ave., Cleveland, OH 44114. Telephone cancellations cannot be guaranteed.
Great Lakes Science Center has a no-refund policy. Every effort will be made to reschedule groups, subject to availability. Failure to return the confirmation form does not constitute a cancellation and all fees will apply.
If your group is delayed on the day of your visit, please call 216-621-2400. We will do our best to accommodate late arrivals. Please note, however, that late entry into the DOME Theater is not permitted.
- Pre-ordered lunches – Enjoy the convenience of a pre-ordered lunch. Choose sandwiches, wraps, beverages and more. When you call to make your reservation, please be sure to let our reservations agent know that you are interested in pre-ordering lunches. A menu and order form, with our delicious options, will be included in your pre-visit information packet. See lunch order form. To make lunch arrangements, call Levy at 216-696-4481.
- Brown bag lunches - As space permits, your group can enjoy their lunch “picnic style” at the Science Center. Weather permitting, groups are welcome to dine outdoors along the harbor. Please let a reservations agent know at the time of booking if you plan to eat lunch at the Science Center. Prior to your visit, please label each lunch and pack all lunches in a large box (provided by you) with the group’s name clearly written on each box. Upon your arrival, you will receive specific storage information from a staff member.
Great Lakes Science Center is located at 601 Erieside Avenue in downtown Cleveland, Ohio between the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum and the FirstEnergy Stadium.
- From the South - Take I-77 North to the East 9th Street exit and stay to your right. Take East 9th Street North. Turn left onto Erieside Avenue.
- From the East - Take I-90 West (Route 2) to the East 9th Street exit. Turn right on East 9th Street and take an immediate left onto Erieside Avenue.
- From the West - Take I-90 East to East 9th Street exit. Turn left on East 9th Street. Turn left onto Erieside Avenue.
- Buses - Paid parking is available in the Port Authority lot north of Cleveland Browns stadium. For groups visiting the Science Center, the rate for charter buses is $20. The rate for school buses is $10. Our staff will direct drivers.
- Cars and other vehicles - All vehicles under 6'10” may park at the Great Lakes Science Center Parking Garage for a discounted fee with validated ticket. Vehicles are not permitted in the driveway unless they are for physically handicapped visitors. Call 216-696-4338 for more information. Prices are subject to change.