How to Register
Health and Safety Protocols
What to Know About K-8 @GLSC Camps
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Extended Care (K-8 @GLSC camps only)
Log into Your Ultracamp Account
1. Online at GreatScience.com
*Please register each child separately.
2. By phone at 216-621-2400
- All Science Center staff and campers undergo daily health screenings and wear personal protective equipment, including masks. Masks will be provided for campers, if needed.
- All materials are sanitized before and after each use / when they are returned to the Science Center and during the packing process.
- Classes will use a dedicated camp space that includes a hand-washing station and hand sanitizer stations. Frequent hand-washing will be encouraged. Surfaces are wiped down throughout the day and sanitized at the end of each day.
- Social distancing measures will be followed, including small class sizes and maintaining a 3 foot physical distance between campers and workstations.
- Camps run Monday through Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Drop-off runs at 8:15 - 9 a.m. and pick-up runs at 3:15 - 4 p.m.
- Camp themes allow students to be inside and outside during the day. Please come dressed for the weather. This includes pre-applying sunscreen before the camp day starts.
- Campers may bring a brown bag lunch or pre-order a boxed lunch.
- Campers are asked to bring a water bottle and snack each day of camp.
- Before-care is offered starting at 7:30 a.m. for an additional $30 per week (summer only) or $5 per day.
- After-care is offered until 5:30 p.m. for an additional $60 per week (summer only) or $15 per day.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
In the event local health authorities prohibit camp operations at Great Lakes Science Center at the time of a scheduled camp session, full refunds will be issued automatically back to the original form of payment. All other cancellations must be made more than 14 days before the registered program date to receive a refund. A 25 percent administrative fee will be withheld. No refunds will be given within 14 days of the program date.
Each camp is led by a licensed local teacher, assisted by camp counselors including science professionals and college students with documented experience working with children. All summer camp staff members are CPR, AED and first aid certified and have passed criminal background checks.
Payment plans are available for Camp Curiosity. A 25 percent down payment is required at the time of registration and 25 percent is due every 30 days thereafter until full payment is made. A $10 service fee is applied. Full payment for a session is due no later than three days before the start of camp. Any remaining balance will be automatically charged three days before a session begins. Campers cannot attend any session that has not been paid in full.
- Before-care is offered starting at 7:30 a.m. for an additional $30 per week (summer only) or $5 per day
- After-care is offered until 5:30 p.m. for an additional $60 per week (summer only) or $15 per day
- Register for both extended care sessions for $80 per week (summer only)
All campers are asked to bring a water bottle and snack each day of camp. K-8 campers may bring a brown bag lunch or pre-order a boxed lunch. Box lunches are $35 for the week (summer only) or $7.50 per day. Vegetarian and gluten free options are available. All lunches include a juice, a piece of fruit and chips.
- Membership Discount: Members $20 per week on Summer Camps
- Multi-Week Discount: Campers who sign up for more than one week of camp receive a $10 discount on each additional week
- Alumni Discount: Returning campers receive a $10 discount
*Discounts can be combined to build the best value for your budget.
We are proud to offer need-based scholarships for camp attendees thanks to the generosity of our Camp Curiosity sponsors. Students that qualify for free or reduced-cost lunches at school may qualify for a camp scholarship.
An application for Summer Camp 2021, supported by Timken, can be found here.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (216) 621-2400 with questions.
A link to log into your camp account can be found here. You may also reset your password, if needed, from that page. Once logged in, you will be able to view and complete any missing forms and edit the authorized pick up list for your camper.
Have more questions about camp, need to register or need to make a change to an existing registration? Write to us at email@example.com or call (216) 621-2400.