How to Register
Health and Safety Protocols
What to Know About K-8 @GLSC Camps
What to Know About K-8 @Home Camps
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Extended Care (K-8 @GLSC camps only)
Log into Your Ultracamp Account
1. Online at GreatScience.com
*Please register each child separately.
2. By phone at 216-621-2400
- All Science Center staff undergo daily health screenings, including a temperature check, and wear personal protective equipment, including masks.
- @GLSC campers will undergo a daily health screening at drop-off each morning, including a temperature check. Masks will be provided for campers.
- All materials are sanitized before and after each use / when they are returned to the Science Center and during the packing process.
- @GLSC classes will use a dedicated camp space that includes a hand-washing station and hand sanitizer stations. Frequent hand-washing will be encouraged. Surfaces are wiped down throughout the day and sanitized at the end of each day.
- Social distancing measures will be followed, including small class sizes and maintaining a 6 foot physical distance between campers and workstations.
- Camps run Monday through Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Drop-off runs at 8:15 - 9 a.m. and pick-up runs at 3:15 - 4 p.m.
- Camp themes allow students to be inside and outside during the day. Please come dressed for the weather. This includes pre-applying sunscreen before the camp day starts.
- Campers may bring a brown bag lunch or pre-order a boxed lunch.
- Campers are asked to bring a water bottle and snack each day of camp.
- Before-care is offered starting at 7:30 a.m. for an additional $30 per week (summer only) or $5 per day.
- After-care is offered until 5:30 p.m. for an additional $60 per week (summer only) or $15 per day.
- Camps run Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Instruction will continue throughout the day until the camp day ends at 3:00 p.m. Your camper will be able to take a lunch break away from the computer or join an instructor and fellow campers online.
- Campers will receive a box of materials and supplies for the week of camp. The box contains both consumable materials (cardboard, chemicals, glue, building materials, etc.) as well as non-consumable materials (LEGOs, iPads, robots, scissors, goggles, lab equipment, etc.). Non-consumable materials must be returned to Great Lakes Science Center. Any non-consumable materials not returned will be subject to a loss/replacement fee. A packing list will be included with each box indicating each material as consumable or non-consumable
- Materials pick-up will occur the Saturday before the start of each camp session at Great Lakes Science Center between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. during the time slot selected during registration. Please pull into the front circle drive during your assigned pick up window. A staff person who has been health screened and is wearing personal protective equipment will load the box into your car. The materials will weigh less than 50lbs.
- At the end of camp, the materials are to be dropped back to the Science Center on the Saturday after camp during the time frame selected during registration. Please include all non-consumable materials in the box. A staff person will unload the box from your car and confirm the contents of the box.
- Each camper will need access to an internet-connected device (phone, tablet, or laptop). We will be using Zoom’s platform to deliver our content to campers.
- Instructors will be online throughout the day to lead the camp, answer questions and give advice. All Zoom sessions are private and password protected and are monitored at all times by our camp staff.
- @Home is a two-way experience. We will provide both on and off screen activities but the instructor will remain on the Zoom call to lead activities and answer questions. Please let your instructor know if your student needs to step away and take a break.
@GLSC K-8 Camps
In the event local health authorities prohibit camp operations at Great Lakes Science Center at the time of a scheduled camp session, full refunds will be issued automatically back to the original form of payment. All other cancellations must be made more than 14 days before the registered program date to receive a refund. A 25 percent administrative fee will be withheld. No refunds will be given within 14 days of the program date. Campers may switch to the @Home camp option at no cost. @Home materials or a credit for a future camp program will be provided in the event a camper is not able to attend an onsite camp due to illness.
Each camp is led by a licensed local teacher, assisted by camp counselors including science professionals and college students with documented experience working with children. All summer camp staff members are CPR, AED and first aid certified and have passed criminal background checks.
Payment plans are available for Camp Curiosity. A 25 percent down payment is required at the time of registration and 25 percent is due every 30 days thereafter until full payment is made. A $10 service fee is applied. Full payment for a session is due no later than three days before the start of camp. Any remaining balance will be automatically charged three days before a session begins. Campers cannot attend any session that has not been paid in full.
- Before-care is offered starting at 7:30 a.m. for an additional $30 per week (summer only) or $5 per day
- After-care is offered until 5:30 p.m. for an additional $60 per week (summer only) or $15 per day
- Register for both extended care sessions for $80 per week (summer only)
All campers are asked to bring a water bottle and snack each day of camp. K-8 campers may bring a brown bag lunch or pre-order a boxed lunch. Box lunches are $35 for the week (summer only) or $7.50 per day. Vegetarian and gluten free options are available.
- Membership Discount: Members save up to $20 on week-long sessions or $5 per day on day camp sessions
- Sibling Discount: siblings signed up for the same day of winter break camp receive a $2 discount
- Summer Early Bird Discount: Register by February 15 and receive $50 off each session, register by March 31 and receive $20 off, register by April 30 and receive $10 off
*Discounts can be combined to build the best value for your budget.
We are proud to offer need-based scholarships for camp attendees thanks to the generosity of our Camp Curiosity sponsors. Students that qualify for free or reduced-cost lunches at school may qualify for a camp scholarship.
An application for Spring Break Camp 2021, supported by Timken and Cleveland-Cliffs, can be found here.
Summer camp scholarship applications coming soon!
Write to us at email@example.com or call (216) 621-2400 with questions.
A link to log into your camp account can be found here. You may also reset your password, if needed, from that page. Once logged in, you will be able to view and complete any missing forms and edit the authorized pick up list for your camper.
Have more questions about camp, need to register or need to make a change to an existing registation? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (216) 621-2400.