Field trip pricing for the 202-2021 school year is currenly available for small group sizes. Classes may be required to divide into small groups for social distancing and all visitors are required to wear masks and undergo a temperature screening upon arrive. Please email us at email@example.com or call us at 216-621-2400 for more information. Please note that hands-on workshops and a reserved space to each lunch are not available at this time.
Outreach and virtual field trip options coming soon! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
2019-2020 Educator Guide
Our 2019-2020 Educator Guide covers everything you need to know for your next field trip. Our professional recommendations for exhibit galleries, Cleveland Clinic DOME Theater movies, traveling exhibitions, science demonstrations and workshops are grouped by grade level to make your field trip planning easy. You’ll also find at-a-glance information on which of our programs align with Ohio Revised Standards. Plus, we've included information about educator open houses and exciting new teacher professional development programs ooffered through our Center for Innovation in STEM Education (CISE).
There are several grant opportunities available for teachers. The following are resources for grants covering major topics in science. Check out the specific eligibility for each source, and look for other opportunities in your network.
Title 1 School Admission - Ohio schools with 40 percent or more of their students entitled to Title 1 services receive free general admission as part of a field trip on any school day. DOME Theater films, workshops and Steamship William G. Mather are not included. Status is subject to confirmation. Please call 216-621-2400 for details.
Dominion K-12 Educational Partnership - Educational grants from Dominion and the Dominion Foundation provide elementary and secondary educators with the tools they need to revitalize math and science programs through the study of energy and the environment. Application period runs from mid-February through May 1, annually. For more information on application, criteria and eligibility, please visit Dominion’s website at www.dom.com and type in search word “grants” or call 216-736-6462.
Target Corporation accepts applications for Target Field Trip Grants. Grant-funded field trips may involve museum, environmental or science projects, artistic and cultural experiences and civics or community service projects. Get more information here.
FirstEnergy proudly supports classroom projects and teacher professional development initiatives focusing on mathematics, science and technology. One of the ways FirstEnergy supports these activities is by offering mathematics, science and technology education grants of up to $500. Get details here.
The Ohio Environmental Protection Agency offers a variety of projects and funding opportunities through its Office of Environmental Education. Learn more here.
Questions to Keep in Mind when Booking a Field Trip
- What day/date would you like to visit?
- What time do you plan to arrive? What time do you plan to leave?
- Contact information – your name, school address and phone number of your school
- What is the best way to contact you? What is the best time to contact you?
- How many students will attend?
- How many chaperones? (We require one adult chaperone for every seven students.)
- What is the grade level of your students?
- How will you arrive at the Science Center? (Bus, van, cars, etc.)
- Do you want to see a special exhibition?
- Do you want to watch a film in the DOME Theater? Which film?
- Would you like to visit the Steamship William G. Mather? (May – October only)
- Are you having lunch at the Science Center? Will you bring your own lunches or purchase from our café?
- Do you want to reserve a free staff-led science demonstration?
- Would you like to add a hands-on workshop? Which one? (Times based on availability.)
- Do you have any special needs or concerns for your group?
- What method of payment will you be using?