The Science Center is open! What to know before your visit
The health and safety of our guests and staff is our top priority. In accordance with the Ohio Department of Health, we want to share the health and safety protocols in place to make your visit as safe as possible:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance online here or by calling 216-694-2000. Guests will select an arrival time and tickets sales are held to a reduced capacity to allow for social distancing.
- Our building HVAC system operates with a high air exchange rate and high efficiency filters.
- All staff, volunteers and guests 3 years of age and older are required to wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose at all times. Gaiters, bandanas and other improvised face coverings are not permitted. In addition, masks utilizing outflow valves are not allowed. The Science Center will provide a proper face covering for guests, if needed.
- All staff, volunteers and guests will undergo a temperature screening upon arrival. Guests with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be permitted to enter.
- We kindly ask that guests who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, including a cough, or who have been in contact with someone who has experienced symptoms within the last 14 days refrain from visiting. In the event you are unable to visit due to illness your tickets will be moved to a new date, not less than 14 days from the original visit date.
- Food and drinks are not permitted at this time. The Spark Kitchen café is currently closed.
- Hours may vary. Please check our current hours here.
- Electronic maps only are available. Our current map can be found here.
- Handwashing stations are located throughout the Science Center.
- Frequent disinfection of touch surfaces, including exhibits, handles and counters.
- Social distancing markings.
- Exhibits that involve reusable pieces will have bins to collect pieces that have been used by guests, which will be taken off the museum floor and sanitized.
- Exhibit modifications to convert several exhibits to sensor operation rather than touch.
- More than 94% of our exhibit collection remains usable for our guests. A limited number of our exhibits have been removed or will not be accessible.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions. We are grateful for your patience and understanding during this time, and we are thankful for your ongoing support of STEM education in Northeast Ohio.